Thoughts & Ideas
that you may appreciate too!
The only regrets I have ever heard from people are:
"I wish I had started sooner"
"I wish I didn't give up when I assumed this wasn't for me"
I learned very early on from amazing Jimmy Smith, "the only way to fail is to quit"
When people say negative things about the business model I am a professional in...the only reason they are being negative is because they have created a story about something they have no clue about OR they have listened to people or experienced themselves that when the going got tough and they actually abandoned themselves and their dreams because they gave up before they saw the true potential they had!
This business is honestly a business that only seems successful for 3% of the population, why? Because the other 97% make excuses and create stories about why it is a business that doesn't work!
That 3% could change if people were willing to look at it as a long term asset they are building for their family as well as a personal growth journey and NOT a sales business.
I realized in the past 5 years that many people are just not willing to get to know their true selves and grow into the person they could be! I am not saying that people who choose to work in a career they love should try what we have...but until people give it 5 years in our business...they have NO right to bash what we are doing here!
Bottom line, lives are being changed for the better and any negativity you hear about it comes from the 97% who either have an idea in their mind - that story they've created, OR they have had a bad experience with the "wrong company" (I had 2 bad experiences), or they claim that they "tried" and it didn't work...when in fact they gave up too soon. OR simply they are listening to people they respect and claim to know what network marketing is. Comments such as, "stay away from Network Marketing" "You are going to lose all your friends if you do that" "You have to pester your circle of influence" Yada Yada!
Let me just say, that is far from the truth...of course some people may do things that create a bad name for us (just like in every profession, we all can relate to a bad teacher, a terrible police officer, an awful doctor etc..) When there is a terrible Network Marketer that pesters you or someone you know, it could be an example of a person just starting out who hasn't been coached yet or someone who hasn't done the personal development they absolutely must do to create success and NOT be a pest! OR you may see their excitement and passion as annoying which seems over the top. Everyone brings their own personality to this business, how one person shares their passion and excitement may be opposite to the way another person does! Just like some people you know annoy you, when others don't - just at a party or get together. We all know those people! And it is simply because they have a different personality than us!
I could have given up knowing how bad my choices were in the past (the wrong company for me twice before)...or I could do what I did, I re-educated myself (without listening to the negative people) and learned what this business truly is. From there I became UNSTOPPABLE! Until you are willing to become educated and have a mentality of NEVER GIVING UP even when the people you love, ridicule you...you may just end up being one of the 97%. I am not trying to be harsh...I am being real!
Who is ready to make that 3% grow into larger numbers? I am ready - educating people and ourselves and not getting defensive is a start. Personal growth and determination is 2nd and Belief and Action is always part of the equation too!
Congrats to all of you who are in the 3% - we have a lot of amazing work to do and, so many lives to impact! How rewarding this journey is!
The other thing to keep in mind, this business model does not work when people are selfish or for those who are not interested in helping others....it is only for those of us who truly cherish people and want to support people in reaching success! Selfless people willing to share and promote teamwork will be the ones that continue and who will succeed! And I am proud to be with you EVERY step of the way!
Tara is a mother of 3, a former elementary school teacher, insurance broker & tutor. She enjoys life as a successful mom-preneur and now has time freedom to enjoy empowering others in reaching their true potential. (testimonials about Tara - click here)
Other Blogs written by: Tara